CounterFlow Chip Screen High Efficiency Gyratory Screener
BM&M Screening Solutions has been building high efficiency CounterFlow Chip Screens since 1987. The CounterFlow Chip Screen is a unique concept that provides a tremendously efficient screen in a relatively small footprint. Thanks to a multi-tier design, CounterFlow high-speed gyratory screeners provide a total of 28’ in screen length, with the footprint of a 14’ standard chip screen.
Double the Screening Area and Efficiency over Standard Chip Screening Systems
Our double-length design is the key to the screen’s outstanding efficiency. In the two-level design, the upper layer screens the material once and, from an elbow where the two levels meet, feeds the filtered material to the lower screen, where it is filtered again. Both screens move simultaneously, powered by a single gyratory motor. The patented BM&M gyratory drive design can operate at far higher speeds (up to 300 RPM), and with larger stroke, than the drives in chip screens that utilize conventional reciprocating (back-and-forth) motion.
In modern sawmills, where fines content can often be as high as 30%, our CounterFlow gyratory screening system has proven to deliver the performance and efficiency users need, without losing valuable fiber. The CounterFlow Chip Screen is a prime solution for numerous applications in the forest industry and other markets.
Applications for CounterFlow Chip Screener Systems
Learn More About Our Gyratory Screening Solutions
Explore our most popular links for detailed information on this specific Gyratory Screener and visit our Resource Library for information on our full line of Gyratory Screening Equipment.
CounterFlow Chip Screen Custom Constructions
Three-Deck Twin Fines Chip Screener
Two-Deck Pulp Chip Screener
Three-Deck Chip & Sawdust Screener
CounterFlow Chip Screen Specifications
# of Decks
Chip Screen Construction Design & Materials
- Welded steel construction for drive/screen assembly
- Bolted structural steel support stand (floor-mounted standard)
- Fines pan air lancing ports
- Infeed landing deck with bolted steel wear liner
- Mild steel materials, fully stress relieved
- Screen access door for quick screen element changes
- Separate discharge chutes for each filter/screen
- Optional stainless steel materials for pans and chutes
- Optional double-single construction
- Optional open bottom construction (no fines pan)
- Optional suspended installation
- Optional dust cover